Sunday, November 25, 2012

Yet again....

       I guess I haven't updated for awhile.  The first week after B left, G was horrible, and I didn't think we were going to make it.  Then we met for the new case plan at the end of the month and it seemed to completely change.  We made huge leaps and bounds in behavior and everything.  She started to play with my students and enjoy being around others.  In fact only rarely does she get out of hand anymore. I had even come to the conclusion that I would keep her if she was up for adoption.  She won't be.
       G has been seeing her mom one day a week and then spending time with her aunt.   This last Monday I got a call about a 2 day visit over thanksgiving (extremely frustrating) and I asked if she would be with me through Christmas.  Her case managers both said they didn't see any big moves before then.  Tuesday one was at my house and told me, yes she probably would go live with her aunt prior to Christmas.  I asked if she could stay till the 19th, figuring I had no say in the matter.   Wednesday I got an email telling me she would be moving on the 19th.
       I'm sad about this because she's really turned in to an adorable 2yr old.  And my family really loves her- especially my Dad.   G and my nephew get along really well.  I can't believe how fast they changed their minds and before an actual overnight actually happened.   It's going to be hard saying goodbye to her.
        I wish I could just adopt and I sooooo badly want a baby.  There are 3 babies expected in the next 3 months in my family.  It was embarrassing to be at thanksgiving dinner and to be around that and to be the most single person in the world.  My aunt feels I'm desperate and keeps trying to see if I'd be interested in a man who is 20yrs older than me and an "odd" person as she continued to describe him.   Oh well into the holiday season I go.  

Here is a pic of the felt Christmas tree I made.  It is having issues staying on the wall, but she had fun playing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment