Friday, October 23, 2015

Baby J- 2 months home- oops I slept in

Oops I slept in this morning. I'm pretty proud of myself though as Baby J has been home 2 months (tomorrow).   We have had a busy couple of weeks and sometimes I feel really bad that we aren't home more and get to spend more one on one time...but it's show time and rehearsals take over life.   Thankfully the students really like her and she is getting lots of attention.
at the parade with Grandpa

Unfortunately I don't know what she weighs right now or her length, but I know she is growing.  We are still in newborn clothing, but are so close to moving to 0-3.  I tried a size 1 diaper on her the other day, but we weren't quite ready to move up a size.  

Baby J is smiling more and trying really hard to laugh.   She is starting to 'talk' more and it's so cute.    I wish I didn't have to put videos on youtube to add them here, but there are many on my facebook.  

She is also starting to hold and grab things which is awesome.   I'm so very excited for November 3 to get here, when we can legally make this official.  
Baby J has had a lot of first in the last couple of weeks.  She went to her first parade in my hometown.   She held and moved around her first loose toy (aka not one hanging above her) and she's starting to sit assisted.  So close to being able to do it for a few seconds on her own.
Health wise, Baby J has still been really healthy...thankfully.   Her acid reflux meds seem to be helping, she is eating better (still spitting up...but not as much), and she is no longer getting juice because she is finally having BMs on her own.  Never thought that would be an awesome news worthy piece of information. Yesterday she went in for a hearing screen and passed.  Because she is a preemie she will need to go back every six months for awhile...but for now she's great.  They said for preemies hearing problems can set in later.    I knew she could hear because she reacts to hearing me and also really likes music.
Playing at rehearsal

Hard to believe she has been home for 2 full months.    In other news....I am meeting rent to own people this Sunday (Thank goodness as I can't really afford this months rent for the house)  They will be moving in this next week.  I have a few more things to do there and then it will be rented...which is way better than nothing.  They will be renting for 2 years or less and then purchasing.

I entered Baby J in a NICU contest so please go vote for her.  We could win items from a boutique...Mostly I entered to share with other NICU parents to give them hope. I know it was awesome to see kids after they had gone through  a similar experience to give me hope.
Click here to vote   You can vote once a day till the 30th and you don't have to sign up for anything.   We would love your votes.  :-)  Here are some pics to enjoy of Baby J.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment