Saturday, January 14, 2017

Quirks of a 19 month old

Last week Baby J turned 19 months.  I LOVE seeing her grow and learn.   Everyday I'm amazed at her.   I can't even begin to describe how blessed we are.  I am on several preemie Facebook pages and every day I read about little tiny miracles and every day I read about potential problems we could have faced (though not totally out of the woods yet) given her beginning and all the challenges she had.    It's amazing how well she is doing and I thank God every day for giving me a happy almost healthy baby.
She fell in the tub while trying to get some toys

Overall Baby J continues to be on track with everything and overall healthy.   She have a constant cold we can't seem to over come, but did have about a week where she felt really good.  Some of this is from teething I think (finally a 5th tooth popped through today) and some from an underdeveloped respiratory system and teeny tiny airways...Though she has been on antibiotics for it and a round of steroids, we haven't seen much worse.  I especially know how lucky we are since we do not hibernate and she is exposed to everything and has been since day 1 at home.  Baby J is still scheduled to have her iron checked again and still has an
not a pacifier (gave that up at 7 months)
it's a music symbol.
appointment with the hormone doctor.  She does have some emotional control issues at times and does have some sensory overload issues.  Our most difficult moments is at night time, but tonight she went right to sleep and early.   We have been really focusing on asking for help instead of throwing tantrums.  She is doing really well too even after only a week of really working on it.   She will acting say "help please", though most of the time it comes out as just "please."

I love this stage of childhood.  It's so much fun watching her gain her personality and she learns something every day.   Her vocabulary is soaring though she still doesn't show much of it outside of our house...Lately she has been copying the end of every one of my sentences.  Today she even said "Cover me up" at nap time.  She also is still climbing on EVERYTHING.  And she can get out of every seat belt except for her carseat.  So some fun quirks and personality bits about Baby J.


-She is obsessed with trying to get her shoes on and we spend at least a half an hour every night trying.  I always have to eventually just put them up.
-She gets mad if I don't let her help me unload the dishwasher.
-If I would let her, I believe she would brush her teeth all day long.
-She loves to feed and play with the puppy.
-She insists that she get to take her dirty diapers to the trash.  
-She absolutely loves to sing and dance
-She can now reach the doorknobs well and locked me out of the house today -thankfully 1 of our 3 doors was unlocked.  Unfortunately it was the back door and it's pouring out today and cold.  

I had some cute other things but now can't remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment