Saturday, August 13, 2011

Classes Done! More paperwork?

I have moved quite along since the last post.  My aawesome younger cousin came over and we put together the crib and changing table.  I have since finished cleaning my house thanks to my parents and sister and laws help (not that there isn't always more to do).  I still could always clean in the office room, but I have a locked door on it so it's not a problem for the inspection.   I got all the safety items up, a new door lock on the office and finished painting the 'nursery'.  
My last meeting came and we finished the first aide training and then finished the 40+ page application, which I passed the walk through part.   I was given 2 large notebooks, one with forms and one with child care regulations by TFI.   So the last step to getting the final license is a KDHE inspection - the important and much more detailed inspection.  If nothing else comes from this experience- housekeeping will improve.   I was told it could be up to a month before KDHE comes.   I'm also getting licensed to do respite care (temporary care for other people's foster kids)- though honestly I don't know if I want to do that, I don't have the beds for that.   Officially my license will be for kids 0-6, but I'm still wanting under 2 which is what my case worker put on the application and her recommendation for whomever.
After finishing all this paper work, I was handed a new huge stack of paperwork for adoption.   Thankfully I was told I did not have to redo the paperwork part that I did for the foster paperwork- which was the majority of it.   I will also have to do a home study for the adoption part.   There is so much to do.   I can see why people don't do all this.  
I also found out the little girl I was interested in that started all this is going to go to her grandmother.  I'm ok with this, maybe I'll get  a little baby.  I hope I get a little baby, but also know that it may not happen or I'll get someone older.  I know putting the age 6 will come back to bite me in the butt,  as they will give me older kids.  I guess the rest of this process is really a waiting game.   But I'm done with training and will soon have a license.   :-)
And I'm back at work now so that should be interesting.  It's making me think more, but I'll write about that in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment