Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Baby J- We've Survived

I'm sure after the long, freezing, wet Thanksgiving weekend everyone is on the edges of their seats...Did they survive?  How was actually being with your baby for 5 whole days?  Did you drive each other insane?   Did you get cabin fever?

Well I'm happy to say everyone is alive and well.  I loved being home with baby girl all weekend...though not necessarily really being home...the weather pretty much kept us in all weekend. However...my nephews showed up with my brother in Kansas and they spent a night with me.  So one night I had 4 children to myself and we did wonderfully.   It was awesome and totally unexpected that they came to visit.   I'm glad my parents were willing to give them up for one of their nights here. It was also the first time all the littles (my nephews, cousin's kids and mine) were all together and that was a lot of fun for our family Thanksgiving...and a little loud.  Baby J loved being around all the kids.
Before swimming
After Swimming
 We also went swimming for the first time.  She enjoyed it and we stayed in the water for almost an hour---till she was getting to cold.  

Baby J is starting to eat more and do more.  Today we started feeding her 6oz at a time and she spits up about as much as she does with 4, but seems more satisfied.  Ok well maybe a little more....perhaps we should do 5 tomorrow instead. She has been eating pretty nonstop lately.  She is grabbing toys and has even switched toys from hand to hand some.   In the past few days she has been awake a LOT more during the day and is basically down to 2 big naps.   She is still pretty much sleeping through the night.  Especially if we play on my bed for awhile before I put her in her bed.  She then drifts off to sleep before the first song on her bear is done.   The early childhood person said she was falling right where she should with everything...some closer to the 6 month mark and some closer to her adjusted age...but she is basically where she should be for all adjusted or better.   Baby J loves to sit up and tries to do it without help...we are not there yet though...She also likes to stand.   Tonight I got to show her off at my work christmas party (yea a job that has a christmas party---and socialization).  

Tonight I was just messing around trying to take cute christmas photos...it failed.   These are some of the most hilarious after shots.  Enjoy.  PS yes I know these are not 'good' pics.
Mid spit up.  Herbie's look is hilarious

Sebastian decided he did NOT like Herbie's outfit
So he helped him take it off...They had it off pretty fast.

1 comment: