Friday, December 18, 2015

Baby J - Woo hoo we've made it a semester

It's Official!  Baby J and I have made it to the end of the semester.  I think this year has brought the biggest changes of my life and all at once...and we are living through it.   I'm so excited to finally get to spend some time with my baby and some time at my apartment to arrange things.   If you don't remember, I brought home baby and moved into my apartment a couple weeks after starting my new job and the same week I started a show.  It has been a crazy awesome ride this last half of the year and I have loved it all.   I'm so lucky to have such a supportive family that has helped me out so I can be a full time working single mother.   And I'm so lucky and blessed to be a mother to a beautiful adorable baby.

I can't believe that my first semester at my new job is over.  And I got a couple really nice cards/christmas gifts from students that had the nicest comments on them.  I've been so very fortunate to start at a new job where for the most part the kids have accepted me or at least make an effort to work with me.  Stepping into an arts program is hard, especially if the teacher before has been there for any amount of time and this time around it has gone rather smoothly...not that there haven't been a few bumps in the road, but over all it's been a fantastic job and I love being at the school I'm at.   So much better than the situation at my last job.  

Baby J is growing so fast and starting to do new things each day.  She still refuses to roll from back to tummy (and yes I can say refuses...she doesn't even want to try)....but she now tries to sit up, sits very well assisted, and laughs all the time.  She makes lots of noises- especially when talking to Grandma. We even brought her bouncer out and while she's still trying to completely figure it out...she loves it.  However she is to small to reach the ground so we have improvised and set it up so she can touch something.  She is getting pretty good at making it bounce some.

We have also finally started to get some of the spit up under control.  The doctor said we had to wait on food for a couple weeks, but Baby J shows all the signs of readiness and so we have tried Cereal now and green beans.  She eats very little, but is able to do so.   We have also started to put some cereal in her bottles...very little, but it has helped in making her feel full and has lessoned the spit up.  She has even gone full days in the last week where she wore the same outfit all day.   That is a huge deal!  Her meds were increased and that seems to be helping a lot too.
Speaking of which-insurance is horrible and confusing.  And unfortunately for some really stupid reason, my deductibles run Jan-Dec, even though my insurance runs Dec - Nov.   ACK.   Synygis is expensive and we are paying a lot out of pocket, but I feel like she really needs to stay on it.   Unfortunately she will not be getting this months on time due to insurance switching over.   Feel free to continue to use my amazon link- all of the proceeds still go towards the adoption costs I still owe---it's on the right of this blog.

Poor baby has a cold again.  It doesn't seem to be as bad as the last one..but it's still sad to see her sick.  Thankfully she is still mostly happy.  Baby J is all smiley and laughs a lot.  It's so cute.  I'm so excited to get to spend two weeks with her.   Last week we went and saw Santa and tried to sell Jewelry at a craft show.  Baby J dressed up for the occasion.  It was fun, but it was a little to long of a day for her.   Oops.

Tonight we have made a big change.  Baby J is currently asleep in her crib.  I never intended to be a parent that slept in the same room as the baby...but she has either slept in a rock and play or the bassinet in my room since she came home.   A lot changes when you don't have the healthiest baby in the world and at first it was because she choked still.   Then it just became habit..but it's time she started to sleep in the crib...plus I really need to move her out of the rock and play a lot more and just use that for travel.  My plan is to move the basinet downstairs for use with Grandma.  She went to sleep with me holding her hand....but she was laying in the bed.  Hopefully she will make it most of the night...she has been getting up more to eat while she's been sick.

Christmas is next week, and I'm so excited to spend it with family and my little one.   May all of you have a wonderful Christmas, Hannakuh, Kwanza, or what ever holiday you may celebrate.   Most of all that you have time to spend with family.




No comments:

Post a Comment