Friday, January 1, 2016

Baby J's First Holidays!


Our two week time is almost to an end.  I have loved getting to spend time with Baby J, I feel a little sorry for my Mom when she has to come back to babysit cause baby J has become a little bit of a momma's girl.   Our time together started out busy with an evening at a friends, Christmas shopping and then the holidays.   I took Baby J to Christmas eve service where she decided to participate in the majority of the service.  She thought everyone should know she was in the room.  I couldn't stop laughing.   Also discovered she is blowing raspberries which confused me at first because I know I am not teaching her that, Grandma is.  

I have loved watching her over the past two weeks.  She is growing each day and trying new things.  She talks all the time or kind of yells. Laughs a bunch, reaches and plays with all her toys.  She is starting to get favorite toys.  And although we have to have something under her she is now bouncing some in her bouncer.   Overall baby girl is a very happy little girl.   She's even started eating some foods (though we stopped during her sickness).  She eats cereal and has tried green beans and squash.  She loved squash but it seemed to make her a little more pukey...so we will wait and try it again later.  She is 10lb 12 oz now.

I moved her into her crib in her own room and she slept there for a
week.  But then her cold got bad and we moved back downstairs for the night time so she could sleep in her rock and play.  It's also where the air cleaner and humidifier are.   It has not been fun watching her be sick.  She had bronchiolitis and between that and the weather we have stayed inside most of the past week.   Had to visit the doctor a couple of times and a special clinic to get her suctioned out, but she is finally on the uphill.  Just wish that her sleep was more restful, but I'm glad I've been able to be with her while she is sick.

Having a little one for the holidays is so much more fun than being alone.   I love love love time with my family and wish we got together more, but there has been a sadness in me every time because they all have these lovely families.  I didn't feel that this year, since I have a beautiful daughter.   (I mean I still wish I weren't single, but whatever).   I'm so lucky to have her.

So as the New Year comes to a close I am so thankful for where the year has taken me and it's been huge changes.  I left a job with an abusive psychotic boss and found a place I really enjoy teaching.   I do miss my coworkers and former students but am enjoying my new coworkers and students.  I live in a different place which allows me to spend more time at home.   The best part of this year though was getting baby J.   I spent months in the NICU and got to bond with her before starting my new job and she has been overall a healthy little girl.  I have seen what prayer can do this year and how much support I have in the world.   This year may have started as one of my worst but it ended as the best year ever.   I'm so thankful for friends and family who continue to stick through the years with me especially during the down times.
First night in her crib..slept all night
Yummy squash
Always has to sit up or stand...she's trying so hard to sit up.
During 2016, I can't wait to see baby J grow and to watch her discover things.  She means the world to me and I hope each day I remember to give her the love and support she deserves.  She is a very special girl and I won't forget that.   I also plan to work towards being happy with what I have.  i know I'm blessed and lucky, but sometimes I become envious of others and that's ridiculous.   I need to love my life at all times.  I hope you all have a fabulous start to the new year.  I'm going to enjoy my last two days with Baby J before the craziness of work takes back a majority of my time.
Playing with the puppy


1 comment: