Friday, May 25, 2012

Summertime!

It's Summer!!!   That is all.

Another year of teaching and I survived with children of my own most of the year.   My house is still empty currently, but I keep hoping they will call with the right child.  We'll see.  
On the really positive note, I ran into a former student who graduated a couple years ago and it was so great to see her.  And she made me remember why I teach.  She thanked me for all I did for her in high school and the opportunities that I gave her.  She even said they had helped her already.   It was nice to hear some validation for all a teacher does.   I am so glad it's summer and hope I am motivated enough to clean in the next couple days so that I can have another child around.  For now though I'm going to watch some movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment