Friday, June 26, 2015

Baby J - Day 12- No More Ventilator

Called today to check on Baby J.  She is no longer on ventilators!!!!  They moved her to a bubble CPAP yesterday and she's doing well.  Blood gases have stayed good and she's only using 21% oxygen -room level oxygen- so this means she is breathing all on her own.  The CPAP keeps her lungs open so they don't collapse- it does't breath for her.   She also is now getting 5ml of food every 3hrs and will be increased to 7ml tomorrow if she continues doing well.   They had to redo her EKG yesterday- I'm sure she was very unhappy about that.   I can't wait for Sunday when I go back and see her.   I'm so happy she's doing so well.   Not much else to report on Baby J today- but wanted to update that.

Spent the week with my nephews and loved every minute, but I'm anxious to get back to see Baby J.

In other news I don't think my house will ever sell.  It's not exactly a perfect house and needs some work.  I'm going to go check out carpet prices tomorrow even though I really wanted to try to sell the house as is.  Oh well.   Hope all is well with everyone else.  Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

1 comment: