Monday, September 14, 2015

Baby J- first show/ doctor doubts

It's been a busy weekend in our house.   Yesterday the church I grew up in threw a shower for us and it was so nice.    I'm so appreciative of everyone's support throughout all of this.
Last night was Baby J's first attendance at a play.  We attended Hamlet...nothing like a first show choice.   lol.   She did really well except about half way through when her belly started to hurt and she started to get sick.  Never came all the way up but you could tell she was in pain.   As a friend was holding her, two people thought she was a doll at first and it was funny to hear them taken aback when they realized she is indeed real.  

Speaking of which I'm extremely frustrated with our doctor and may be searching out a new one.  for the most part we have really liked her, BUT on Friday, my mom asked about trying a different formula because she is so sick from it.  The doctor told her that we needed to keep her on neosure and even when my mother asked about other brands for preemies- the doctor informed her there were no other brands here in the USA.  Guess what I found at Walmart tonight...the other brand- enfimel.  Yes it may not work and it may not make a difference...HOWEVER there is another brand for preemies.   Of course similar is what is given to doctors and hospitals and they really push that...but shouldn't the baby be first over a brand.   I can't believe she told my mother a flat out lie.   So we are going to try the other brand of preemie formula to see if maybe it might help.  There is a good possibility it will not (however when checking out other people's stories online- some the different brand made a difference).  In the mean time I have to decide if I want to keep going to her.   Very frustrating since I do over all like her..but that's a huge oversight that can't easily be forgiven.


Yesterday I gave Baby J a bath and she got mad that I didn't put her head in the water so she wiggled her way (after letting me know I'd made an error) over to have her head in the water.  She probably could have stayed in the bath for a long time.   She put herself that way in the pictures.   She is definitely getting a much more vocal voice.  

Her new favorite thing to do is to be put up on your chest and to roll herself to one side or the other.  tonight she even pushed off with her legs.   Good thing i was there to catch her.  


It's fun to watch her grow.   My mom gets to see more..but that's ok- I will be on summer break when she is even more fun and interactive.  Tomorrow is her first rehearsal to attend.   The students are looking forward to meeting her.   Hopefully she does ok with that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment