Sunday, July 3, 2011

My trial run - The first 24hrs

This is my 2yr old nephew whom I have successfully brought home with me for the week.   I am using him as a test run on being a mom....ok and I really wanted to spend time with him.  We left his parent's house yesterday and drove the 3hrs home.  He thankfully slept the whole way.   As I'm going through my books and filling them out and also being around him, I am becoming more confident in my choice of adopting and adopting young.   It's interesting having him away from his parents and he's done really well.  Last night we went to supper with my parents and stopped and bought some necessities that of course weren't sent with him.   Then we came home and he went right to sleep.  He woke up only once and I only gave him a drink when he went to bed (he finished it before he fell asleep~his parents give him drinks all night- up to 1/2 a gallon of milk)  he asked for more and I told him no...he rolled over and went to sleep.  I didn't give him more till early morning not long before he got up cause he asked for a drink.   Today I took him to church with me.  He is not very good at sharing and takes toys...we had to do a time out.  However he did very well with it.  No crying and we discussed what he did and he agreed not to do it anymore and got to go play.   After church he slept all the time I was in the grocery store which I thought was funny, as did all the other shoppers around me.   I made a lunch with a lot of variety since I don't really know what he really likes and then we went to a movie this afternoon.  He fell asleep about 20 minutes into the movie and has been asleep since only waking up momentarily.  I know later tonight I'm going to totally wish I had forced him to wake up.   But he's sooooo tired.  I can't believe he is sleeping through the loud annoying fireworks outside.  he's been a good boy.  I think this is a great experience because I'm taking in a kid that hasn't really been away from mom and dad much and I see him only once a month, but I think it's a lot of the same things I'll go through taking in a foster---except my nephew does at least know me.   
So far it's going well.  I hope he sleeps most of the night and I hope that the fireworks stop soon.   My dog and cat are curled up with me cause of the dumb noise..  I wouldn't mind them so much if they could use some sort of respect for others.    
I also went back to the horse place this last week.  I talked with the owner some.  I'd like to go more...I'm still a little lost about what to do.  I spent time with the mamma's and babies.  one got mad at me for not paying attention and came over and stomped on my foot.  It's still all bruised a week later.    
Here's a picture.  It's the big brown one.   That's her baby~the youngest there.

here's a picture of the shetland pony I call pickpocket.  I forgot her name.
Enjoy the pictures.  I really should get some sleep since I know my nephew will be up sometime in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment