Friday, July 24, 2015

Baby J- Day 48- No more oxygen

Today around 3pm they decided to try taking off the low flow oxygen.   She got her food and was held at the same time it came off and did really well.
These pics are immediately after it coming off.    I think she is checking to see what her nose feels like.
 

When I left the oxygen was still off.   I'm hoping they will start trying a bottle in the next couple days.  She is showing all the signs that they talk about and I think she is ready to try.

Yesterday I got the joy of going to a parenting class that is required.  Wasn't much new, but the discharge coordinator must know something I don't, she was acting like our discharge was coming sooner than later.  A lot of things she told the other parents she changed specifically for me- cause my baby is so much smaller.  Got a free Halo brand wrap so that was totally worth the class.   And a little bit more information.   I have so much experience with babies and young ones though that not much of it was new to me.    She briefly brought up RSV and pointedly asked me if I'd already been talked to about preventive medicine- it seemed like I was the only one there that qualified for that.   I have already filled out the paper work for it.  

Today we had some issues with keeping our body temperature at the correct place.   Part of it was she was in her bed without any clothes for awhile and there wasn't anything heating her so I'm sure she's better by tonight.

My aunt and uncle stopped by on their way home from a trip.  That was awesome and they took me to supper.    I have such a great family all the way around.



5 comments:

  1. Just found your blog this morning. I've read every page since you decided to be this baby's mom. You are amazing to take on such responsibility and she is a very, very lucky little girl. I'm looking forward to your next entry to see what progress your baby has made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mama!

    I just found your blog the other day and have read everything from the start!

    From one preemie mom to another, yes the brain bleeds are scary, but don't let it consume you! My daughter was born at 24+1 and originally had bilateral gr2 bleeds. At a week old they suspected bilateral gr4 bleeds! I cried and cried! A week later they decided it was a mistake and they were again gr2 bleeds... She is now 15 weeks old, HOME, and rolling over, holding her head up and she wiggles so hard on her belly she moves! CP can be a scary too but there are so many ranges of CP. Your doing an awesome job Mama. Congratulations again, you deserve this so much!

    Praying for you and your family! Not sure how I could go about this, but if you send me your address privatley, I have a ton of preemie clothes I would love to pay it forward! Hope just outgrew them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that your baby is doing so well. I'm not sure how to put my address privately? It's 301 SW 11th
      Newton, KS 67114

      Thanks

      Delete