Monday, July 27, 2015

Baby J- Day 51

Weight 3 lb 4.2 oz - we are really starting to get bigger.  :-)  Tonight she is finally big enough to start having an entire ounce of food at each feeding which is awesome, especially since she's thinking we are starving her by the time it is meal time.

Today a student nurse was in and out of the room, and she helped me get Josephine's footprints and handprints.  I had not asked yet because she has been sick and then I just keep forgetting.  I'm so excited I got them, even if it is after 7 weeks.        
 Yes that's a quarter.  Her handprints are almost the same size as her feet.

Last night since Baby J was at 34 weeks they removed the cover over her isolate and just put a blanket on top.  Now we can see her all the time.  It's kept her awake a lot more as well.  They assured me it wouldn't bother her eyes. (which get checked again tomorrow- hopefully they have not gotten worse)

Today the speech language pathologist came in to see if Baby J was ready for a bottle  She ate 7ml of her 29ml.   Unfortunately she had some drops in heart beat and oxygen, so she will try again later this week.  The speech pathologist said that she was very impressed with Baby J and that she did really really good.   I was a little sad that we couldn't start giving her a little bit each feeding, but she's going to rock it the next time.   Baby J was doing everything she should be doing.  The rest of the day every time I gave her the pacifier, she would suck for a second and then give me this funny look.   She's  a fast learner.  She's also getting really good at holding onto things.   The OT says I am where I am supposed to be for my age as well.   
This is her snuggly.   It's something I can hold onto for awhile to put my 'smell' on it.   She was holding it so well for awhile.   She's had this since birth and actually has a second one because we thought we lost this one.    


2 comments:

  1. She is a cutie now that we can really see her. Her arms are noticeably fuller. So pleased things are going along nicely. Praying for it to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a cutie now that we can really see her. Her arms are noticeably fuller. So pleased things are going along nicely. Praying for it to continue.

    ReplyDelete