Saturday, August 1, 2015

Baby J- Day 56-

Weight 3lb 11oz - gained 50 or 60 grams tonight!
Length 15 1/4 inch- same as last week
head has grown a little.

I was so happy to be back at the hospital to see baby girl today.  I went home to a consignment sale where I spent way to much money for baby girl and then because of something else ended up staying a second night.  
I got some good deals at the sale.   Look at the cute Ladybug I absolutely didn't need!

my bazillion work keys
I also went to check out my new work digs at my new school.  I have an awesome classroom with a smart board and about a bazillion keys.  I'm so excited to start my new job this week, though I'm very sad I won't be able to be with baby J as much.

Someone from California and a boutique called Jadabugs sent me these two outfits.  They are so cute and soft and they are the perfect size -4lb-7lbs so baby J will have a couple outfits for right  out of the hospital.

Check out their site.   It was such a nice surprise in my mailbox and I'm very grateful.



Bottle feeding has not gone well since I left on Wed.    I don't know how well Baby J did that day with the speech person...but she has not gotten a bottle since.  According to the nurse yesterday- she just didn't seem interested.  Today I practically had to beg to get to feed her three of them.   I know there is a lot of research out there stating what to watch and what to expect from babies, but all of it says each baby is different.....and Baby J has been different on many things.    It takes her a few


milk coma

minutes to realize what is in her mouth and most of the time she drinks it with her eyes clothes.  She dropped her oxygen a little bit more this morning...but by the 3rd one tonight she had relearned to pace herself and her stats didn't drop at all.  The first two she ate about half which is awesome, but the third one tonight she at 2/3 of it...YEA.   So I'm struggling with the fact that they aren't really trying to give her a bottle when I'm not there.   Even the speech person had said it's mostly for practice if nothing else.  Well how is she supposed to practice if no one will let her.   Very frustrating.  I completely understand if she's 100% zonked out and they can't get her up..but often times I have to get her clear out of the isolate before she realizes she is awake and can open her eyes.    So I'm just hoping she gets it down really well while I finish out my summer here.

NoONE has looked at my house in over 3 weeks and that's frustrating.. thinking about turning it into a rental....we'll see.  I went to look at a place near my parents last night which is why I didn't get to come back.   It was tiny and wouldn't have worked well for my 'sitter'.    And there wasn't any space for a kitchen table.    I'm not sure i can afford two places anyway...but the 45 minute drive to work (hour drive to my sitter)  does not sound fun--especially with a baby.   And after driving through dense fog this morning for 45miles...it really turned me off from a long drive.  So I still need to trust that something will work out or the obvious decision is clear.   I have awesome friends willing to help turn it into a rental, I just need to make a decision and figure out how to get out of my stupid contract with a realtor who hasn't really done much anyway.

In other news I'm asking for a special prayer request that has nothing to do with my blog.  My friends (who are only a few years younger than me) from my family neighborhood whom I have know for almost 30yrs, lost their mom this morning.   She was very sick and is now at peace, but I can't imagine losing my parents already.  She had two kids and I think 5 young grandkids that she was very close to.  She was a wonderful person and I ask you to say a quick prayer for her family as they deal with the loss.   

No comments:

Post a Comment