Sunday, August 9, 2015

Baby J- Day 64- New advances!

Last night baby girl weighed 4lb 2 oz, length 17inch (that's a 1.5 inch gain from last week) and her head was 29.5cm, about 1.5 cm bigger than last week.

We are growing.   Yesterday we got a crib!!!!  And she has been holding her temp very well.  Granted she has a onesie, a sleeper, and the halo wrap and sometimes a hat...so she better be warm.

 

Today we got our hearing test and both ears passed!!!  I have also been told that in rounds today they decided not to do another head ultra sound, instead tomorrow they are doing her MRI.   This may not sound like a big deal to the rest of the world...but this is a very big deal.   All NICU babies get an MRI before they go home!!!!  No I don't have a date yet, but things are moving quickly towards it.   The hearing test and the MRI are both things that happen as they are getting a baby ready to leave.   While the doctor suggested two weeks last week, I don't think she will be out by the end of this week because she isn't eating everything from a bottle yet.  HOWEVER I can't possibly imagine that she will not be getting out within two weeks from today.  I'm so confident about this that the car seat is now in the hospital room.   I know she has to do a car seat test and I would hate for her not to be able to get out because I couldn't get the car seat here when they were ready.  So now it will stay here.   So glad I bought it this last week (though of course the price dropped $50 after I did).  I sure hope her insurance shows up soon.....especially glad I didn't immediately try to put her on mine, cause I will not have insurance for the month of September....It's a little odd.   I'm not sure why my jobs don't go back to back.  Oh well.


Today I asked if I could bring  a mobile or something for her crib and was told they had some.  So our nurse went and found one and now we have a different crib with a mobile.  She likes the music.  Hasn't quite noticed the movement above her.


She actually is listening in these two pictures.

Yesterday Baby J took 80+% of her food by bottle.   It was a big increase from the day before...course I was there to feed her yesterday. Baby J finished 3 bottles completely for me this weekend and most of a couple others.  One time she refused to eat for even me.  that was sad.   We also had a bath this weekend.  She really likes her bath.  

This week is going to be a long week with so much going on and not being able to be in Topeka with baby girl.  ON the plus side of non baby world....after a really long thought process and almost crying several times today over the decision, my cat is going to a home with another cat so she will have a friend.  I never ever thought I would be a person that had to find a new home for a pet.  I am a big believer that once you take them in they are part of the family, your responsibility.  This has been rough but I think she will be happy with another cat to live with...she brings enough of them home.   And deep down with her shedding, I'm not sure she should be around Baby J and her weakened immune system she will have....she likes to curl up next to kids and in the baby bed.  

It's hard to believe that me...the person who doesn't really always do well with big changes, is moving, starting a new job, and now has a little one coming home soon.   While the house selling has come to be extremely stressful, life is 5000% better than it was just a few short months ago.   It's amazing how life changes in just a short time.   I hope everyone who is involved in school systems has a great first couple weeks back.  

2 comments:

  1. What great news!!!! She is looking really well too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for the good news and so inspired by your love and care of that little gal. Please continue to keep us posted. I am blessed to read about your journey.

    ReplyDelete