Sunday, August 16, 2015

Baby J- Day 71- change of plans

I didn't have any pics from today.
Well we survived our first 'slumber party'.  I even got some sleep.   Sadly though I've spent most of today exhausted---but that's from work not the baby.    We got up around feeding time, changed her diaper and ate and then went back to sleep last night.  Twice I got her out of bed at other times and held her for a short period because she was having a hard time sleeping.

Today was a big day as Baby J started ad lib on her food.   We jumped from 41ml to 50ml at feeding time.  She was super happy about that and was more at peace in between meals and slept so much better.    They were going to do her car seat test today but about 2:45pm today, Baby J started choking and had a huge bradycardia.   The nurse had to suction her nose out because of it.   I had been wondering if maybe she has some reflux as about the same amount of time after every feeding I hear her gurgling but it seems to resolve itself and hasn't really set off any alarms.  That is not what happened this time.  I'm not sure if more food made it worse or what, but it was very very scary as I could see that she couldn't breath.   She always seems a little stuffy anyway, but this really clogged her nose.   So she did not have a car seat test and she bought another couple days in the hospital from it.  Maybe the insurance will come through.

Don't worry afterward she was just fine and thought we should have the food there for her immediately.   During that feeding she was having a harder time keeping her oxygen up so we stopped her at about 45ml.   On ad-lib she can eat as much or little as she wants as long as she hits a minimum during the 12 hr shift.  I asked what it was and for today it was 150ml which is a little less than what she was drinking.   She got that in 3 of the 4 feedings though so I don't think that's going to be a problem.  It's amazing how much difference there is with that little bit extra at meals.  Usually she makes noise all the time and today she slept so well.    Hopefully we will keep moving towards no more bradycardia and apnea spells.

And it probably is ok she isn't coming home quite yet.   Partially because of the insurance and partially because currently I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the rest of life.   My new job and getting lesson plans.   Trying to get ready to move, trying to sell a house that needs some work and with everything else it's good I can try to sleep tonight.   Some people are looking at my house in the next few days so maybe...fingers crossed.....I'm not sure i'm ever going to get rid of it.

1 comment: