Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Baby J- Day 60

Baby J weighed 3 lb 14 oz last night.   Unfortunately I am not there.   I left Tuesday morning to get ready for school.   Monday night though after going to dinner with my parents I walked back into the room to find this....

A little girl who had crawled herself off of her mattress & yes folks that is a little girl who isn't quite 2 months and only 35 weeks gestational age.   You will note that her eyes are open.  I asked her where she thought she was going and so she closed her eyes tight and pretended like she couldn't hear me.   Yep she's got some attitude already and I love that.    Of course like any decent parent I grabbed the camera and took a couple of pictures before moving her back on the mattress.

 As you know if you have read any of this blog, my little girl is a mover and this is not the first time she has managed to get somewhere.   She has crawled her way to the top and turned (sadly I didn't get to see that) and apparently today was clear up against the wall.  

 Tuesday I was very sad to leave--but I got to have lunch with a friend that lives a very long ways away and whom I never get to see anymore.    I was so glad to be able to see her and so glad she fit me in her short visiting schedule (PS she should realize how important she is to me since I left the baby earlier to come back. haha).

And now I'm home and I wish I was there....but thankfully my mom has been there and tomorrow will be the only day she doesn't have someone there--it's not the first time, but things are changing and it's nice to have someone there since she's so much more aware and needs to be fed now.   Last night I stopped and bought her car seat and stroller and put those together.    It's a pretty cool stroller and I think I will be very happy with my choice.  

So much is changing in my life and I couldn't be happier and more nervous than ever.   Tomorrow I start my new job.   While it's just workdays and professional days until next Thursday, I'm kind of nervous.   Starting new is never easy, but I'm so excited to have this opportunity and I know it's where I'm supposed to be and think it will work out great.   Teaching theatre is a little different because there are so many different ways I can teach and topics I can approach and there is always a little loyalty to the last teacher that makes it kind of rough at times.   I can't wait to work with these kids though and know that this job will be so much less stressful and more awesome than my last.  


Since my house is not selling (not that it's even been looked at lately) I had to make some decisions about living arrangements.  Everything I own is packed away in boxes in sheds and I really don't want to unpack in a house I have no intention of staying in.    Nor do I want to have an hour commute one way for my job and babysitting.  While I would have loved for it to sell and to look for a house to purchase, this has not happened.  I know it will be very tight, but I've decided to rent for a year.  It will give my time to sell my house or rent it out, and for me to be able to live closer to my job/family for Josephine's first year.  Amazing how kids can change things and how you will live your life.  So I'm very excited that today after a week and a half of really researching, I filled out an application for a apartment/townhome type place.  I actually liked the apartments at this place a little better, but the town homes are what were available.  I will be downsizing my life a lot and I am going to take this as another opportunity.  I think I've acquired to many things and this will be a perfect way to figure out what I really need.    I will have a year lease but hopefully next summer i can look for a place to own.   The hardest part of this decision about renting though was that I needed to stay rather cheap and also that no where will take 3 pets.   So unfortunately I will have to make arrangements for my cat and while we are in no way extremely attached to each other, I've always been raised with the idea that we take responsibility for our pets when we bring them into our family.   I don't know what I will do at this point but since I can't have the town home till later this month, it gives me some time to figure it out.   The worse part is that it's only for

a year.    But a lot of things are changing and I am working on adapting.   If anyone would like a cat, please let me know.   She does really well with kids and with little dogs.  I don't know about big ones as she has never been around them.

I do know even with that kind of huge problem I am very blessed and very lucky.   I have an exciting new job.   I can rent while trying to sell and best of all I'm blessed with a beautiful and smart baby girl.   I know how lucky we are that she is doing so well and there isn't a second that goes by that I don't realize that.   And I know it's partly from all the support everyone has shown us with prayers and good thoughts and through supporting us so I can be up there most of the summer.  I would NEVER have been able to spend time with her without the help everyone has shown us.  So thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment