Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Baby J-Day 66- Grandma day 2

Baby J was 4lb 5 oz tonight.    She's getting so much bigger.    Grandma is with her and I am at home slaving away in the school system all ready.....ok maybe not slaving away....I really like my new job so far.  Met lots of parents/students tonight and I'm looking forward to having the students.

Sorry no pictures of baby tonight since I'm not there, so you get a bad picture of me with my puppies at my parents house (that's their dog in the middle).  BUT lots of good news.  Doctor talked to my mom today and said the MRI looked great...no concerns.  And he acted like she will be going home very soon. He told her it does take awhile for the feeding to get under control...which as we all know is literally the only thing keeping her in the hospital right now.   I'm so happy the MRI came back.  They were checking all of the brain to make sure there wasn't other damage/more damage or blood clots left from her beginning problems.   Most NICU babies usually get one right before leaving to double check their heads.

The other good news is that the eye doctor was there today and she told my mom that the eyes were no worse and probably had hit a plateau and would start to get better.   I hope that is true and next week we start to see improvement.  We are so lucky that she is doing sooooooooo well.   I am excited to get her home...but it would really be better for it to happen after I get the apartment which hopefully will be next Friday. I'm so thankful my mom and aunt have volunteered to be up there some when I am not.   My brother and I are going to go up tomorrow after work to visit for a short time.    Probably not the best decision to do the night before starting with kids...but I really want to go see her.     PS.  I still am very thankful for everyone's support.   Your thoughts and prayers are a very large reason why Baby J is doing so well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment