Saturday, August 22, 2015

Baby J- Day 77- Getting closer

Baby J is now 5lb 2.9oz.  She hit 5lbs two nights ago.   She is 17.7" long tonight, so almost 18.  Her head only grew about 1/2 inch, but it feels like that's where a lot of her weight has gone.


A lot has transpired over the last few days.  Thursday, Josephine finally got an insurance number.   Yippee.  Yea!!!   So exciting.  That was such a huge stress and while I'm sure some of it will still be crazy since it came so late at least it is there.   I also got the keys to our new townhome/apartment last night and we moved in as much baby stuff as I could find and my washer and dryer.   So excited I won't have to do a long drive with her.  Our only long drive will be to home.    It's tiny but it will work great for the year.   So that meant another torturous day of not being with Josephine, but I'm glad I moved at least a few things in.  This week I will hopefully find a way to get my bed and some pans moved in.  At least my crockpot is there.

Today we had a bath and as usual Baby J loved it.   She kept trying to sink down into the water and drink it.  Silly Girl.



 I also asked to go ahead and take the discharge pictures since she will be getting out sometime this week (unless something happens) and I'm not here during the weekdays.   Yesterday I called and said I had heard a rumor that she may be getting out on Monday.  Then I begged to have her get out on Sunday instead.  The person over Josephine said she would talk to the doctors and see what they thought.  HOWEVER no one seems to think it will happen tomorrow.   Of course no one has actually talked to me about Monday either.  Technically I think 7 days does fall tomorrow.   So think positive thoughts that they will come in tomorrow and say "take your kid home".  They have had a huge influx of babies (and some really critical) the last couple of days.  It's been a little crazy around the NICU today, so I'm hoping they just haven't had a chance to talk to me.   I can't believe how big she is getting.

Today she did have an incident of spitting up and choking a little bit and I was so scared it was going to add a  bunch more time again, but it didn't.  Yea!  Her monitors were all over the place and not accurate.  

Isn't she a cutie.   We have been spitting up a little more so I asked tonight that they cut back on her food a little.  2oz might be a little much.   Tonight they tried the car seat test, the nurse was very impressed with my selection and she fits in it pretty well.  Not as tiny looking as I expected.  She wasn't happy at first and about 30 min in threw a little bit of a tantrum, but did really well and after about 45 min fell asleep.   She was in it for 2.5hrs.  So maybe that will be a big hint hint that we are ready to go.  











Here are a couple of the hospital pics.   I was pretty disappointed in most of them (especially her series pics over the past few weeks.   Not that stopped me from buying them.   I like a few and there are a couple with me and that probably won't happen often.    Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully my next post will be a coming home post.



1 comment:

  1. So happy and excited to be able to share your journey! That baby girl is precious.

    ReplyDelete